Wednesday, May 4, 2011

You Really Can Feed Your Family for Pennies



The photo above is my last shopping trip to Harris Teeter.  I thought I'd share it to show how much you can get at the grocery store when you plan your trips out and build your meals around your trip.  You can save like I do if you plan your meals around sales and stock up for future meals.  Below I have listed what I bought and how much I paid after sale and coupons on this last trip...


(2) Classic Crab (8oz), FREE
Harris Teeter Refried Beans (16oz), FREE
Breakstone's Sour Cream (8oz), FREE
Ortega Taco Sauce (8oz), -$1
Ortega Taco Seasoning, -$1
(2) Ortega Whole Grain Taco Shells (10 ct), -$2
Gordon's Battered Flounder Fillets (4), $6
Mueller's Lasagna (16oz), FREE
(2) Classico Pasta Sauce, FREE
Polaner Preserves (13.5oz), FREE
LightLife Smart Ground (vegetarian "meat," 12oz), $1.49
(2) Tostitos Tortilla Chips (13oz), FREE
Aunt Jemima Pancakes, FREE
(2) Aunt Jemima Waffles, FREE
(2) Aunt Jemima French Toast, $1.70


*Before sale and coupons my total would have been $66.95 (+ tax)


I paid $5.19 (+ tax) for ALL of this.


*I had made 2 other trips during this sale and gotten three more jars of Classico pasta sauce; three more boxes of lasagna, two more packages of Crab Classic; three more jars of Polaner Preserves; four Lysol wipes; six bottles of Seventh Generation dish detergent...etc.--The list goes on, for FREE...I only paid taxes for so many items!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment